How To Get To The Forest Club
The Forest Club Eco Resort is located at Barangays Puypuy and Masaya, Bay, Laguna and is less than an hour from the Calamba exit of the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).
For directions while on the road, you may contact Mr. Ruben Layug at mobile: (0917) 507-9973.
There are four ways to get there:
- Via los Banos & Bay
- Via the PCMARD/DOST Road
- Via the Makban Geothermal Plant
- By public transport
Via Los Baños & Bay
- From Makati, take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and exit at Calamba
- Take the National Road towards Sta. Cruz and go past Calamba, Pansol and Los Banos
- After the Los Banos junction, go past South Supermarket, the UPLB Open University, Petron and Total gas stations until you hit Brgy. Maahas
- Then turn right at the junction of the National Highway and Puypuy Road in Bay. This is the same road that leads to the Makban Geothermal Plant. Watch out for the large Forest Club directional sign at the corner of the National Highway and Puypuy Road.
- The Forest Club is 3 kms away from this corner sign, and is right beside the Bo. Masaya arch. Look out for the blue gate with The Forest Club logo
- The Forest Club is just 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Ortigas Center in Pasig City and is located at Barangays Puypuy and Masaya, Bay, Laguna
- The Forest Club accepts only guests who have made prior reservations. For directions while on the road, you may contact Mr. Ruben Layug at mobile: (0917) 507-9973.
Via PCMARD/DOST Road
- You may take the scenic route to the Forest Club via the UPLB campus side entrance or the PCMARD/DOST Road. This route allows you to avoid the traffic at the UPLB junction. This road is open from 5:00 am until 9:00pm only.
- From the National Highway after Pansol, go past Crystal Springs, Seoul Resort, and Camp Eldridge.
- Then turn right at the PCMARD/DOST Road. This is a steep, zigzag road. Drive with caution. You will go past the Magnetic Hill, the Los Baños Eco Center, and the UPLB gate. Go on until you reach a small rotunda.
- Turn right at the rotunda. Go past the Lourdes Grotto until you reach another rotunda marking the Boy’s Scouts of the Philippines Jamboree site.
- Then keep left and drive downhill past the Jamboree building, the fruit stands, and the flower stand selling heliconias. Turn right at the first corner (Camia) and follow this road until you reach an intersection.
- Tun right at the intersection, cross the bridge until you reach another intersection with the statue of Mariang Makiling. Turn left at this intersection on Waling-waling.
- Go past the UPLB dormitories and the soccer field, then turn left on Chico.
- At the end of Chico, turn right on Mangga. Go past the tennis courts until the end of Mannga.
- Turn left on Pili. At the end of Pili, you will see IRRI. Turn right following UP Rural High School sign.
- At the end of this mango tree lined road, turn left to cross the railroad track, then right again towards Bgy. Paciano Rizal.
- When you reach the Jubileeville intersection, turn left.
- The Forest Club is about 150 meters away from this intersection
Via Makban Geothermal Plant, Sto. Tomas, Batangas
- From Makati, take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and exit at Calamba.
- After the Calamba Tollway, turn right heading towards Lucena & Batangas.
- Follow signs to Lucena and keep left at two of the major intersections.
- After Sto. Tomas, Batnagas and before reaching Alaminos Laguna, look for the sign leading to ULTRA and the Unocal Makban Geothermal Plant.
- Turn left into the Unocal Makban Geothermal Plant Compound.
- From this intersection, The Forest Club is about thirty minutes away. Follow this road and go past Bgy. Bitin, the Bulalo Field, Bgy. Mabakan, etc. until you reach Bgy. Pupuy in Bay, Laguna.
- The Forest Club is at the border of Bgy. Masaya and Bgy. Puypuy, Bay. Laguna,
By Public Transport
- Take the air-conditioned JAM bus bound for Sta. Cruz, Laguna. Seats are very comfortable an most buses come equipped with a television set. This bus picks up passengers along the Southbound lane of EDSA at the following bus stops:
- Megamall MRT
- Crossing Ibabaw
- Prudential Market/Mercury Drug
- Boni Avenue
- Inform the conductor that you are getting down at Bay, Laguna.
- The bus shall go past Calamba, Pansol and Los Baňos. After Los Baňos, the bus shall continue to go past South Supermarket, the UPLB Open University, Petron and Total gas stations.
- The bus shall enter the town of Bay where you can get down in front of the church. From there, you may take a tricycle to The Forest Club. Tell the tricycle driver to take you to the Forest Club in Puypuy.